I'm recording my progress while working on my children's book: Sometimes I Blow Fire Like a Dragon. My goal is to launch my book in October. I'm choosing to self-publish through CreateSpace.com. If this blog bores you out of your mind, don't worry. I'm mainly doing it for myself- as yet another way to keep focused on the project.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tight Sketches II

Here are a few drawings I worked on over the past couple weeks:






A supermarket interior.


A dragon! Animals are NOT my forte, especially mythical beasts... and I really struggled with this guy. I still might go back and rework some of him. Like figure out what's going on with his hands. But anyway, he is loads better than the original dragon I drew years ago. Maybe one day I'll do a side by side comparison on here of my badly-drawn dragons.





One my my main characters: Maia. She's running away from the above dragon. Her eyes got a little smudgy, I'll be able to tighten those up when I do my inking. I once got the comment on this image that little kids might be disturbed by this and think that she's on fire. I'm interested in anyone's opinion about whether they agree. I personally think the smile tells the viewer that she's not afraid, and it's obviously a book where kids imagine things, but I'm thinking about it still.




This is a bear cave. Our viewpoint is from inside the cave looking out.


No comments:

Post a Comment